Madz Support, Madz Addiction

Well, it's been quite a hectic week/-end. Nonetheless, it was something my soul was thirsting for. The Philippine Madrigal Singers came to Boston, MA to kick off their US Tour. GP and I had formed a small group to surprise and honor our friends from Madz. We sang a few religious songs to serve as an opening prayer. Then, THEY took over the stage... and I drifted into my own world with their music. It's what I've been searching for. I would at times wish that they would surround me and sing to no one else BUT me.
The next day, they were off to Secaucus, NJ. Who am I kidding? WE were off to Secaucus, NJ. I joined them in their bus to their next city. It was quite different. One minute everyone was up and about, chatting and giggling. The next, it would seem that there was no one in the bus.
At the concert, I met up with Francis and Wendell. I also got to meet Nicolas Alcala. The composer of Kaisa-Isa which was part of the repertoire that Madz sang at the EGP. The venue at NJ was a bit more suitable compared to the one in Massachusetts. UGH! WHO AM I KIDDING?!?!?!?! It's a million light years better than the one in Massachusetts. That being said, and aside from the fact that their jet lag is wearing off, their sound was a lot clearer with more character and dignity.
However, the next concert proved to be even more astounding. This time, I watched it with Francis G. John Pamintuan, composer of Pater Noster, was sitting with Mr. Alcala a couple of pews away. One of their sopranos (i forgot her name) had just arrived. It's amazing how one person can add to the beauty of their concert. Sadly, this is also the last concert that the group will be complete. This is Leo's last concert with them before he goes back to the Manhattan School of Music.
It's pretty obvious that he will be missed dearly by the group. I almost shed a tear for them.=)
Next thing I know, I'm in a bus... on my way back to Boston. These past few days were simply filled with music lovers. How I miss it...

Comments