It's been over 10 days since my last entry. Missed me? Maybe not. =)

Anyway....



August 18-19, 2007 @Meadowlands Exposition Center, Secaucus, NJ

Dance Philippines Performing Arts Co. (DPPAC) was invited to perform at the annual fiesta. It's a 5hour long drive from Boston to Secaucus. Unfortunately, I ended up driving since there was a limited number of credible drivers and a lot of kids. I got to drive a non-a/c van. How awesome is that? (sheesh)

Anyway, the performance went well and quick. We danced the following folk dances:
  • banga (i can't remember the actual name of the dance) -- tribal women balance pots on top of their head while going down the mountain
  • bulaklakan -- a rural dance where children use flower garlands to commemorate the holy week of the Catholic church
  • malaguena -- young ladies show-off their skill in balancing glasses on each of their hands and head while rolling on the ground
  • jota de castillano -- a romantic dance that , tup-tup, kasanduayan, sakuting, pandanggo sa ilaw, and tinikiling.
Did I also mention that at the end of the day one of the infamous Pinoy actors, Piolo Pascual, will also be there? Ok, I have a thing for him and I couldn't imagine that there would be a possibility of ever meeting him. It was only 2pm and our 30min show had already passed. I walked around the expo center and saw most of what they're selling/showcasing... from pens to CDs/DVDs to cruises to real estate. 4pm... still a few hours left. I don't know how I killed time, but, 7pm finally came and he emerged from the backstage. Flashes of light illuminated the area. I first noticed his face... gorgeous. Then, I notice something off in his general appearance... he was paper thin.

So to my dismay, I no longer have an attraction/admiration towards him. But he still has a pretty face.

Comments