(Somehow) Like Old Times

Thursday (07/12/07) rehearsal with the Harvard Summer Chorus couldn't have been any better. For the first time since we started rehearsing in June 26, GP and I got to sit together and sing our hearts out. Even though GP and I came from different universities back in Manila, we have similarities when it came to executing music... a lot different from choral singers here in the US. We didn't really care for the other singers around us (which is really a no-no in choral singing) but the assistant conductor (Kevin) liked what he was hearing so we carried on. It took me back to my DLSU Chorale days. At one point, there were only 2 basses (John Rae and I) in a group of 18 (i think). So, singing out loud was a challenge for us to be heard. Eventually, we got used to it. I was content that I got to do it last night. We may be able to do it again next week or until the conductor (Jim) comes back from his vacation. Concert is exactly 3 weeks from now (Aug 3). We still have ways to go. Hope we'll be ready by then. Of course, I'll keep you posted.

Comments