Beethoven's 9th


It was a warm Wednesday afternoon. GP, my buddy, had asked me a couple of days ago to watch the Boston Landmarks Orchestra at the Eslpanade's Hatch Shell. They're playing Beethoven's Ninth Symphony. Unfortunately, he backed out the last minute because he had some physical ailement. I still went to the concert. I got to drag a couple I know who likes the same type of music. The weather was perfect for me... warm but breezy.

Overall, the free concert was satisfying. They played for about an hour and a half. Their guest choir was the New World Chorale. They were pretty good. Though I do have to say that there were parts of the concert when the orchestra were not in sync, and at times off key... but that was minimal. There were 4 soloists: 2 sopranos, 1 tenor, and 1 baritone. For me, the tenor had the performance of the night. One soprano could have sung a bit louder. The other can do a little softer and a lot less tremolo. Baritone was ok. Someone once told me that little errors in a live performance makes it more interesting. There's nothing special about it if it was perfect. I guess that's why I decided to place this here.

So, I give them a thumbs up! The concert was great. =)

Comments