singing the classics


Harvard University
presents

Harvard Summer Chorus 2007

featuring the works of Haydn and Mozart
August 3, 2007 @ 08:00PM
Sanders Theatre - Harvard University
45 Quincy St., Cambridge, MA



Yes, it finally happened. I auditioned last June 25, Monday 05:00PM at the Holden chapel. I found out I got accepted the next day and the first rehearsal was that afternoon. After 13 rehearsals, voila! Concert day! I got to stand in the front row, center with GP Eleria. We were standing in quartet position. Full orchestra was right in front of us. You can barely see the audience because of the lights directly focused to our faces (well, at least mine was). We started promptly at 08:00PM, opening the concert with Mozart's Ave Verum Corpuz. This was immediately followed by Haydn's Lord Nelson Mass. The soloists sounded great. The soprano was flawless. Alto needed a little more power. Tenor was great as well. The baritone was good too... although, I could have done better (yeah, I'm biased... whatever! lol). In general, the concert went great. The venue was almost full considering the promotion was very limited. The caliber of singing was almost the same as the Filipino choirs (...almost...). Hopefully, I can join another concert. I will definitely let you know.

Comments